Friday 1 March 2013

1/72 Dragon Challenger 2, Iraq 2003

I started making this kit a few years ago and then stopped. Having a bit of spare time on my hands, this was the first one I chose to finish. I'm prettyb happy with the way it's turned out. The stowage sheet was scratched from a tissue soaked in diluted white glue and then ties with cotton and placed on the tank, although I put it on too high along the sides stopping the turret from turning. Oh well at least it covered the space where the tow cables should have been. These along with the tracks were too small and didn't fit the holes provided, even with gentle stretching. The tracks didn't matter so much as they were mostly covered by the armour. Overall this is a great kit and the level of detail is exceptional. I believe there are a few dimentional errors regarding the turret but to me it looks like a Chally. You also get two excellent GPMGs, and only needing to use one you're left with a spare which will look great sticking out of a Sea King or Merlin.


The figure is from ?? RH Models. you get three in a packet, all different. The thermal recognitional panels were cut from plasticard and the aerials were from those plastic pieces of string which attach swing tags to clothes. They should all be straight but we'll put it down to battle damage!! Weathering was done with pastal chalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment