Saturday 17 August 2013

Airfix 1/76 Chi Ha tank - Part II





Can't believe I haven't been on here since the end of March, that's just being lazy, but in my defense I have been bust building and finishing off models, this Chi Ha being one of them. I decided to make it really muddy using weathering powders overlaid ontop of each other, building up the effect. The tracks were about 10-15mm too short. After trying to stretch them by leaving them dangling with weights on the end I wrote to Airfix explaining my dilema and within the week they had sent an extra set of tracks out which I managed to marry up with the existing set. Once weathered you can't notice the join at all so I was made up with that. all in all a great little kit, easy to build however I think the colours mentioned on the back of the box are wrong. Instead of the light green, it should be more of a browny colour. I'll know for next time

No comments:

Post a Comment